Mulberry Park, Bath: Headteacher. Deadline Monday 20th November 2017.
Parklands, Weston-super-Mare: Headteacher. Deadline Monday 27th November 2017.
Mulberry Park Educate Together Primary School will be 1FE 210 children and opens in September 2018 in a brand new building. The post begins in April 2018 in order to recruit staff and get everything ready.
Parklands Educate Together Primary School will be a 2FE 220 school with pre-school, opening in temporary accommodation in 2018 with a move into a new building in 2019, pending confirmation of funding. Once confirmed, the post begins in April 2018 to allow the successful candidate to be involved in recruitment and community engagement.
If an equality based ethical education is vital to you, this is an exciting opportunity to join Educate Together in developing our next new schools in the UK. The schools are being built to meet the needs of the new Mulberry Park and Locking Parklands housing developments. They will open in Sept 2018 with Reception, then grow incrementally every year.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all these questions then you may be just right for us:
• Do you have the vision to help us demonstrate that education need not be formulaic, exam centred and run by top-down organisations and structures?
• Do you want to be directly accountable and therefore in control of your own school and staff; setting your own policies such as teaching and learning, assessment, monitoring and behaviour with the support of an ethical, international Multi-Academy Trust.
• Do you feel education can learn from different models and different types of curriculum?
• Do you understand how to establish a strong set of values and principles to transform opportunities and outcomes for children?
• Do you know how to ensure children are secondary ready without resorting to stressful situations for pupils and staff?
• Do you value staff well-being as highly as that of the children?
Educate Together primary schools are a new type of school being offered to families in the UK for the first time. We operate with the support and partnership of an extensive network of schools in Ireland where there are 81 primaries and 9 secondary schools. The Educate Together model of primary school has been successfully developed over the past 38 years. The model and its special ethical education curriculum are particularly suited to the education of children for life in today’s diverse and globalised world. The Trust expects to open several more schools in the UK in the next few years.
Educate Together Academy Trust is a partner Trust of Educate Together Ireland and is a charitable trust.
We now need a headteacher to take on this new school and ensure that it develops its own identity providing it keeps within our legally binding core principles and follows the Learn Together curriculum.
All Educate Together schools operate under the following principles:
• Equality based i.e.all children having equal rights of access to the school, and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds being equally respected
• Co-educational and committed to encouraging all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities
• Learner-centred in their approach to education
• Democratically run with active participation by parents, pupils and the community in the daily life of the school, whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
Our ideal headteachers will:
- be excited at the opportunity to help shape an Educate Together school from its beginning as part of the on going Educate Together network
- be eager to join the not-for-profit Educate Together team that has built a successful model and has a proven track record in teacher support and encouragement
- be a collaborative and supportive leader
- understand how important it is to work closely with all sectors of the school and community
- have an understanding of the opportunities and challenges ahead starting a new school
- be prepared to do whatever is needed particularly in the first years when staff numbers will be small - this may mean helping with dinners, manning the office etc., being the caretaker as well as ensuring a strong teaching and learning focus
- have the skills to start small but think strategically as if a full school
- be familiar with a school culture which is led by a strong ethos and values
The unique Learn Together ethical curriculum is taught each day in an integrated way along with the National Curriculum.
More information on this can be found here.
We offer headteachers:
• A supportive and inclusive environment
• An opportunity to be a changemaker in UK education
• A genuine commitment to staff well-being and development
• Opportunities to continue to develop as we open more schools and grow as a MAT
• A Trust that is deeply committed to education for the whole child whilst recognising the need for high expectations and rigour for all.
This post may particularly suit those with existing headship experience in a similar size school or smaller school. You will need to demonstrate that you have understanding and experience of the premises, catering, and admin functions of a school as well as teaching and learning.
All our staff receive continuous professional development through our own school improvement team, our partner schools in Ireland and training providers in the UK. Having opened over 60 start-up schools in the last 10 years we have lots of expertise and advice for you to call upon.
You will visit Educate Together schools in Ireland to learn more about our ethos and the Learn Together curriculum and to develop links with these schools both professionally and for your pupils. We would hope you would be able to lead recruitment of your first year’s staff (on release from your current school) through Terms 4 and 5. We anticipate this will be about 8 days.
Please come and visit us at Redfield Educate Together. All visits must be pre-booked by contacting the school office. You will be able to talk to some of our team, learn more about Educate Together and look round our first UK school.
All vacancies are advertised through www.eteach.com and require an Educate Together specific application. Supporting documents can also be found on eteach.
Somerdale Educate Together, Keynsham 1FE 210 children + Pre-school 3+: Opening 2017
Parklands Educate Together, Weston-super-Mare 2FE 420 children + Pre-school 3+: opening 2018.
Mulberry Park, Bath 1FE 210 children: Opening September 2018.
Abbey Farm Educate Together, Swindon 2FE 420 children + Pre-school 3+: provision opening 2019 TBC